Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fun around the House!

We were so blessed to have Dan, Kaye, and Kelsey be able to be here and spend some time with us to help the transition! Dan was only able to stay a couple of days after we got here and unloaded and then headed back to Utah but we were able to have Kaye and Kels stay with us for two weeks!! And we loved every minute!! Thank you guys for everything and spending the countless hours helping us and playing with us! So the next many posts are of all the fun we had with them here!!
This was the first night enjoying the nice weather and relaxing after their long few days of driving!



Dan and Andrew getting all the "man" stuff figured out!

Emma relaxing under the table while we work around her! Yes and if you look close do you see those beautiful flowers????? They are one of my favorite things about the house!!

My little helper!

Emma watching Nemo on the Ipod! She decided she wanted to use it, even though we had it for the flight and didn't need it so now she thinks it's fun to sit and watch it instead of the tv;)

Kels and Ems! Ems didn't leave poor Kelsey alone the whole time she was here...lots of gotch you, chase me, "KELS" and by the end yelling "KELSEY" for her to come and find and chase her, and piggy back rides! Thanks Kels and Nana for all the fun laughs and entertainment of the little lady!

Emma likes to sit by the door in this little window, and of course taste the shoes! I don't know if she is ever going to grow out of tasting everything!!!!

'Her' cupboard!

My little mini me chef helping me learn how to make rolls with my new Bosch from Dan and Kaye! Thank you guys...I love it!! There are those flowers again that I love;)))

I didn't realize that Emma loves apples so much! Kaye gave her one and she ate it down to almost nothing!!

Another little hiding place Emma likes in the kitchen and more of the beautiful flowers!!

Emma is loving having a yard and being able to be outside and help daddy even though the grass is thick and not very soft;( she doesn't care!! I think it's only me that wishes for soft grass to lay on...however I am not sure I would still lay on it, who knows what critters crawl around in it! I have to walk on it with shoes cause it creeps me out!

Her tree she likes to play in! Another place that I just shutter thinking of what new spiders live by it!

Relaxing after running around crazy!


This is one of Emma's little lizard friends that comes and visits her EVERY night when she takes her bath! She LOVES it! She constantly is pointing at the window and saying "lrds" "lrds go?"

She loves being under these tables and is enjoying lots of space for her toys only!

Fun surprise for Emma! We got this little blow up pool for her so she can keep herself cool out in the heat! She thought it was pretty cool to play in in the house but even better outside!!
Now about the flowers that I love....well truth is I really don't love them! At the moment I am tolerating them but really they are a little overwhelming and WAY to busy for me but for the time being they are here! They were even in my cupboards!! Yes flower power! However I have found that I can remove them so I am currently in process of taking them out and I am soooo happy!! Doesn't it just make you feel better without them??? Does me!! But in all reality I do love having a bigger kitchen with lots of cupboards and counter space!


10 comments:

Daphne A. Quist said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so jealous! This looks like so much fun! I can't believe the little white lizzy! Go Ems! The adventures look fabulous! Don't go so much that you don't want to go when we troop down ;) The NASA place was amazing too! Oh, and just wondering...is the oil spill affecting your beaches? Missed you guys this past weekend! The flowers...they are busy, but nothing a little paint won't over:)

Jared and Katie said...

Ha ha flowers in the cupboards! Looks like so much fun! And so warm! We've been waiting for that warm weather but still are pnly seeing glimpses of it!

Makell Wintle said...

Your house is coming along! It looks awesome. I love that the lizzards come hang out when you guys are bathing. Haha. Texas is full of creepy crawlers! And don't hate me but I like the flower wallpaper. I want to wallpaper my house. :) The stuff in the cupboards is no bueno though. Check this site out for fun ideas if you don't want the mess of tearing it down. http://decor8blog.com/category/walls/

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Hey!! Glad you guys are finding so many fun adventures!! Good luck with everything and maybe the wallpaper will grow on ya! haha jk Too funny! Can't believe how grown up Emma is getting!!

Craig and Carolyn said...

Love love the flowers! I can't believe you are so far away now! Did you find a job down there? Fun changes!

Magdogg said...

Tamara, you are having way too much fun and I am so happy for you guys and this new chapter of your lives. I hope all continues to go well for you. I am jealous of all the adventure you are having. My own adventures are as plentiful, but not as exotic. I think your little girl is just super adorable. And you are such a cute mommy. Your family is just as adorable as can be, and I am sure more wonderful than can be imagined. Well done!

Inspired said...

Glad the shelf paper came out so easily...really I am! Your little girl is adorable, and I really hope the oil spill doesn't ruin your beaches this hurricane season.

Laura said...

Your pictures bring back memories from when my sister lived there. Aw Ilove texas!!! You guys will have a plast. Hey be sure to check out the libray they have a lot of fun stuff going on around the summer time :)

Sutton said...

Oh my goodness! It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I can't believe how big Emma has gotten!! She is growing up. We'll have to plan a trip soon. Miss you guys.

Jessica said...

I love seeing pictures of your house. All that fun makes me think we should have come along for the drive, too bad it was such a LONG drive! We are so happy for you and are glad you are enjoying life in Texas!