Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Last weeks in Utah!!



Our last few weeks in Utah were needless to say BUSY BUSY!! We were dealing with the house, packing, finals, graduation, and seeing family as much as possible! Graduation weekend was great, my mom and dad and all of Andrew's family were in town so we were able to spend time with everyone!! Thank you everyone for coming and supporting me..I couldn't have done it without all of you with your love, support, and PRAYERS! I know I only was able to make it through the last two years with divine intervention and angels helping me along the way! I loved it but I have to say it is nice to have finished;)
My Mom and Dad stayed with us during the weekend and Emma tried on my Mom's glasses and LOVED them! We had to hide them from her because she wanted to wear them everywhere! It was hilarious watching her wear them and try to walk and grab things...it magnified and distorted the distance so she would reach but wasn't even close...sooo funny!!


Then packing, packing, and more packing began! Wow it was sooo not fun packing up everything but we lived and tried to enjoy the moments! Emma found one of Andrew's old toy bears and fell in love! Andrew had all the fun jobs of taking apart everything! Emma loved running up and down the ramp of the truck over and over again! This week was full of no naps and late nights but she was a little trooper and didn't really get cranky! The house was a disaster everywhere...it drove me crazy..I hate clutter so it was really nice to finally get the truck and start loading things! Emma was in the bath one night and had the giggles and this is one of the pics...I love it so I had to add it;)) She loved to climb in and out of the boxes on top and through! Thank heaven for Andrew's sister Jess, she would take Em's everyday to play with her kids to let us pack! Thank you soooo much Jess!! We found her camp chair in the mix of packing and she loved sitting in it and watching her movies;)
The night before we left our YM and YW threw us a surprise BBQ! It was sooo much fun and so thoughtful of them...I looked a wreck--no shower for the day, scrounge clothes, no makeup but I had no idea what they were doing..so sneaky! I am going to miss all of you, but THANK YOU tons for the fun party, great food, and games! I love you guys!
Andrew, Kelsey, Dan, and Kaye took off and 6:30 am on Thursday morning for the big drive! Andrew and Kels in the truck, Dan in Andrew's, and Kaye in mine...it was cheaper to drive all of them than tow and we were lucky enough to have Dan and Kaye be willing to go so thank you guys soooo much!! Emma and I finished cleaning up, got ready (really hard for me..emma I think must have been a little traumatized because everything and everyone was gone..we were sleeping on the floor and only had a small suite case, she wouldn't let go of me..literally!!! I had to hold her as I showered;) did my makeup and hair..yes I looked amazing! Poor thing she just had no idea what was going on and why all of her stuff was gone!) then went and said goodbye to a few residents at Emerald Pointe, stopped and saw my friend and her new baby, went to the school, dropped off the final things to the DI, and then said goodbye to Jess and Emery! We are going to miss being so close to these guys they have been the best and we loved have Sunday dinners with them! Thank you guys for everything we love you! We then headed off to Salt Lake for a few days till we flew out on Saturday morning!




We had lots of fun in Salt lake! We were able to go to Daph's graduation of her getting her Master's Degree in Social Work! Way to go Daph...you are amazing! During the graduation Emma decided to try and climb under and through the seats we were in and got stuck!!! She was screaming with her head and one arm through a hole! I was trying to stay calm and keep her relaxed so we could pull her through but she wouldn't budge and was screaming more...I was getting nervous and shaking and Ty came to our rescue and pushed her back and she came out!! Thanks Ty you saved us!! Emma loved hanging with Lex and Mitch they played and played with her pushing her all over the house, she loved their tub as well....it makes the best bubble bath ever! Then Friday morning I was checking my email and it hit me like a ton of bricks.......I didn't have Emma's birth certificate to verify her age at the airport in the morning!! It was packed and on its way to Texas...what to do?? The state offices were closed because of it being Friday...I didn't want to call and tell Andrew cause it was a brain fart on my part, I knew I needed it..saw it and thought don't forget to take it..then packed it and didn't look back! So I call Andrew to tell him what was going on with Daph telling me on my side to say"Do you want the good news or the bad?" So I tell him and he says "either" I turn to Daph and say "What's the good news?" She says "You are still going to Texas you just don't know when;)!! so I tell Andrew "Well the good news is I will be coming to Texas just not sure when...cause.....I forgot Emma's birth certificate!" Daph, my mom, and I start laughing ( you have to look at the positive in everything right??) and he says "I really don't think its that funny..." Long story later after a few calls, medical release papers, and faxes we got her immunization records from her Doctor and we were good to go!! Wow what a stressor...then as we are paddling around the little lake in the back yard of Daph and Ty's house we got the news about this.......


Kierra had been in a four wheeler accident and was on her way to richfield..she had been found unconscious and was now not making any sense!!! The nurse in me thinks...trauma, no helmet, unconscious, now awake...worst case possible bleeding on the brain! They got her to Richfield did a CAT scan and sure enough she had bleeding, they decided they needed to fly her to primary's, before she left my grandpa and uncle Dave were able to go to the hospital and give her a blessing! They did another scan before leaving and it showed no additional bleeding so she was off. She arrived at Primary's my mom, daph, and Ty (I stayed home with the kids..it was late) headed to see her, to find her really out of it from all the medications...making funny comments and unsure where she was. They did another scan and found her body was breaking the blood down and absorbing it so she would be kept to monitor! What a blessing!! It could have been awful..she walked away with no broken bones and only a few scratches...the power of priesthood blessings and loving Heavenly Father. Moral of the story--Always wear your helmet! We love you Kierra!
Then Saturday morning Daph dropped Emma and I off at the airport for our flight to Houston! I was soooo nervous about taking a almost two year old on a flight thinking how hard it was going to be to keep her entertained...I had sooo much food and things for her to do! More little angels were with us and our prayers were answered...She was AMAZING!!!!! I only used a 10th of what I took! She played with stickers the whole way to Denver and then I had her run around the airport for the two hour lay over, fed her, and 5 minutes before we boarded she fell asleep even without Benadryl!! She slept the rest of the flight except maybe the last 15 minutes! She was sooo good I was so happy!! She was so happy to see her Daddy when he picked us up...priceless smiles, I wish I would have got a pic;) Wow long post but longer to come..we have been up to lots since we have been here so I will post pics once I go through the hundreds of them!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow! Sounds like you were crazy busy before you left. I'm glad you got everything packed up ok, and that all is well with your family! Congrats on graduating! Congrats on the home! Good for you :) Hope all is well down in Texas, hope you pick up on the fun accent!

Daphne A. Quist said...

What a super fun update!! I love the pictures, oh we will miss you guys!! Thanks for spending time with us, we love you!! Can't wait to come and visit!

Jessica said...

I totally remember that little army bear! I love the glasses and the bath picture! We miss you guys tons!

Bugs said...

Congratulations!! Good luck with your new adventures in Huston, looks like it is treating you well so far!