Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Meet YANKEE!

This is our new little addition to our home! He was a surprise brought home from daddy for Emma;) She was pretty excited! He got his name because he is a 'boston' terrier and Andrew is a huge Yankee fan and not the Boston Red Sox fan so he thought it would only be fitting to name him Yankee;) He is a lot of fun and cute! He hasn't even pooped on my carpets..that I especially love! He knows he can't push Andrew and I around but he is still testing Emma so we are teaching her to be tough and keep walking through him when he tries to block her way;) He is a small guy but thinks he is big with her! His first night with us he was a little nervous and would go to this corner and just sit there, now he acts like a little puppy and has lots of energy! We have been having to read and educate ourselves on training him, so we are learning lots but having fun doing it!!

12 comments:

Laura said...

O my gosh I love him he is so cute!!!

Jamie and Josey said...

Aww! so fun :) looks like you guys are having fun in Texas!

Makell Wintle said...

What a cute pup!! I was thinking about getting that breed before I found cougar because they are supposed to be really good with kids. He has the cutest face ever! I'm so jealous, i love puppies!

Daphne A. Quist said...

The kids were sooooo jealous! Oh my goodness, he is CUTE! Mom showed us the picture on the phone while we were home, but it didn't do justice! Let me know if there is hope that a home doesn't smell like, DOGS & poop, that a dog lives in! :) I have grandma's nose and can smell it from outside! If there is hope perhaps one day I'll cave!

Daphne A. Quist said...

Also, can you stunt it's growth? It is so cute this tiny!

Jessica said...

He is adorable. My mom just told me about him today! I am so excited for Emma to have her own, "Harley". I love his name too!!!

Michael & Lindsey said...

So cute! That's so exciting that you got a dog! You will love it. I love his name too. It'll be like having a live little teddy bear for Emma. He is really cute. Now you really are the "All American - picture perfect family!" (husband, house, kid, and dog) :)

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Awwww that little guy is such a cutie!!!! :):)

Sutton said...

Aaawww I am so excited for you guys!!! That is so fun! He is so cute and I bet Emma is so cute with him. I love the name, clever Andrew. Ha

Andrea said...

Looks like life is great. Lots of fun stuff! :) Boardwalk... zoo.... visitors. Your puppy is adorable. I'm sure Emma is in LOVE! She looks so grown up btw. Almost 2!!? Can you believe it?

Inspired said...

Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE! He fits right in with the fam...I love his name too!

Hayley said...

OOOOhhh I am jealous, I want a dog so bad! But I wouldn't know how to take care of it...haha! I love all your posts about the move to Texas, looks like you are having an amazing time getting settled. I'm with Makell, I don't mind the wall paper! Hey, you should go check out a high school football game, they take that stuff pretty serious down thur!! (that is my Texas accent) hehe!