Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Fun!

This Memorial Weekend was the first since Andrew and I have been married that we haven't been in Salt Lake due to the fact that I couldn't find anyone to work for me, we were pretty bummed because we have enjoyed going and placing flowers on all of the graves of his family..well mine now too!!

So because we were here in Cedar Andrew decided that it would be fun to go to Zion's for the day and take Emma on a hike and enjoy being all together...so that's what we did and it was lots of fun!

It was crazy busy as we expected so the ride up to the river walk was packed on the shuttle and we were the lucky ones to have to stand!! It was definitely worth the stand when we finally stopped and got on the walk...it was so beautiful! I absolutely love seeing all the gorgeous creations of our Heavenly Father, and being in awe of all the beauty around us that He has provided for us! Utah is such an Amazing place!!
After we had reached the end of the official walk path we continued to walk up the river. It was definitely cold but the weather was so nice and sunny that the water felt pretty good and your legs became numb so you really couldn't feel it. After a while we could tell that Ems wanted to get out so on our way back our little angel decided to throw her binki in the river and I just happened to see it as it fell into the water so off I went trying to catch up to it floating down the Virgin River thinking 'why didn't I bring another one?' I caught up to it finally and just in time to have Andrew yell at me to tell me that she threw her hat in!!! So off I went again but this time I wasn't so graceful...I caught up to it grabbed it and fell!! What we do for our little tike!!!!
I wasn't sure if Emma would like getting wet because of how cold the water was so at first we tested it with her toes and of course by the time we left she was sitting in it throwing rocks and sucking the water off of the rocks..nasty I know, EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING goes to her mouth. I figured if she eats the bottoms of our shoes what is a little river water going to do??!

On the walk back we decided to put her in the front so she could see better and she soaked in every minute of it! She waved at practically everyone we walked by...we heard lots of 'Hi's' 'how cute' 'what a happy baby' she kept us laughing! She is already such a little social butterfly, not afraid of strangers, loves to meet new people, and baby babbles to everyone!

Great day in beautiful Zions!! Thanks babe for taking us!!

8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Looks like a fun day...what a cute family...boy, you guys are buff~ :)

Keesler Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Jessica said...

Looks like SO much fun, I am glad you guys enjoyed the holiday!

Jared and Katie said...

Looks like fun! You guys are always doing something fun! I hope you can make it up to our reception in two months!

Andrea said...

JEALOUS!!
:) Alright, I'm going to have to up my game to compete with your fun summer!
You and Andrew look buff! Nice arms to both of you! :) Looks like a fun day. Emma is so cute! I am going to do a photo shoot with her when we get back! I owe you big time.

Clint and Krista said...

That looks way fun!! You have such a cute family Tamara:)

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Hey Tamara!!!
How you been? I hope thing are going great for you! Looks like you guys had a blast in Zions!! Way fun! It’s crazy it has been 5 years already, but it’s time for your class reunion this year! I’ve been trying to get things planned and was wondering if I could get your info! The plan is to have it the weekend of the fair since most people will be there already. Also if you have ANY ideas or requests of what we should or shouldn’t do for the reunion or any thoughts at all please email me or call me!! Thanks so much!!
-Nicole

Name:
Spouse or Significant other:
Children name(s)/age(s):
Mailing address:
Phone number:
Email address:
What have you been up to since High School graduation?
Job/Career field?
Any funny/special memories from high school??
Future plans/endeavors?
Any other fun/interesting info??


My email is nickle_3@hotmail.com
phone number 435-491-0475
facebook: tylerandnicolejohnson

Andrea said...

I dont know why it took until my 4th time seeing these pics to notice... but oh my goodness! Emma has a ton of BLONDE blonde hair! Its so cute! It probably looks more blonde next to you and Andrew. She is so cute!