Sunday, July 25, 2010

Before...middle....and AFTER!

This last week Andrew and I took on our kitchen;) After three days of putting holes in the wallpaper, soaking it down, peeling it off over and over, fixing the horrible places and holes, we were then able to paint! I can't even describe how much better it felt walking into the kitchen just when the paper was off...I didn't feel overwhelmed..so weird!! Andrew started when I was at work and we finished it the next few days! It was tedious and long but fun to do with my hubby;) And it feels so much better!


We did most of the painting when Emma was asleep, good thing too because she thought she could do just as good of job;)

When we were peeling the wallpaper off I had to use a glove on my hand because the dried mud was driving me crazy, so Emma wanted to be just like mom!

We found this spot where Ems decided to paint with the dark green;) Good thing it painted over well!


Thank you Love for all your hours and patience with me! I love the kitchen and you tons for going to all the work to fix it!!!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow! It looks like a totally different room! I love the sage green paint, it looks REALLY nice. Glad you got rid of that wall paper, it would probably drive me nuts too! Your little girl is SOOO cute!

kk else yy said...

i honestly still cant figure out what was wrong with the wall paper! :)
it looks amazing im glad you got ange to help i remember him saying that was a complete tamara project!
love you three!!

DLAiken said...

It looks really good. I would of wanted to get rid of the wallpaper too. It looked overwhelming. Now you guys are pros you can come help me finish painting my house

Daphne A. Quist said...

I love the color!! Nice work guys! It's amazing the difference of ones feelings with just the absense of wall paper...I wish my clients would just try to de-clutter, de-busy their homes! Strange how it makes a difference!

Jessica said...

No more flower power!!! It looks awesome. I love the color. Thanks for the pictures!