Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Weekend!

This 4th of July was my first not being in Richfield Utah with all my fam including aunts, cousins, and grandparents..it was sad for me but we still had fun! I do hope somebody ate a cherry slush with ice cream on it for me...it sounds heavenly...Daph hope you ate one for me!!!! The other downside to not being in Utah is that the 4th is celebrated on the actual 4th ;) and because this year it was on Sunday we didn't go the bbq's, games, concerts, and things but after church we relaxed (which seriously was super nice...I haven't really seen Andrew because of our schedules, I leave before he gets up and when I get home he takes off to work and I am in bed when he gets home..but it should calm down here soon...I CAN'T WAIT!) then we had the missionaries over for dinner and played card games with them (they were excited for the ok from their mission president to play games)! Elder Michaelson is from Richfield so he and I were sad together on not being in Utah for the 4th..his first time not being there too!! Small world as well...he knows people I know from wayne, that's one thing I love about being a member of the church even when you aren't home you find people to help remind you of home! After they took off we illegally helped Emma play with some snakes and sparklers..yes..we found out you technically aren't supposed to have any fireworks in Pearland but I couldn't handle not doing some fireworks for our little lady! I figured we would be safe with snakes and sparklers;)
Emma wasn't so sure about the sparkler at first as you can tell..scared her;)


But she loved the snakes!!!

CHEEEEESSSSEEE!!

She loved lighting them herself;)

It only took a couple sparklers before she decided that they weren't too bad and she could do it!

Yankee thought they were awesome..he would run and jump and try to catch the sparks! We had to watch the little pest so that he wouldn't get burned;)

Finally we had Ems stand on the chair so Yank couldn't get hers as easily..He still tried;)

After we did our little fireworks we decided to drive to where Pearland setting off their city fireworks just to watch some big ones, but we got to the high school football stadium and WOW it was packed..and it even fits 20,000 people..isn't that crazy for high school!!! So we ended up going further away so we weren't around as many crowds and watch with a bunch of other people parked in another school parking lot. They were a little far away but probably better..ems wasn't a fan of the loud bang;)
The following Monday Andrew worked all day and I had it off :) So Ems and I decided to go to the park for a little while to play, when we left the house it looked pretty good outside and then all of a sudden we felt a couple rain drops and 30 seconds later....down poor...we were drenched trying to get to the car ;)


It's kind of hard to see how wet she was but..we both were soaking!! What I love at least about the Texas rain is that it is warm!! But it sure does hit quickly;)

I hope everyone had a great 4th and thank you to those who have made it possible for us to celebrate our freedom here! What an amazing country we live in and what a blessing it is to be able to have the freedoms we have, especially to worship what we want, how grateful I am for this and for those who have made it possible with the Divine guidance from our Heavenly Father! We love and miss all of you!!

9 comments:

kk else yy said...

how fun!!!
looks like you guys had a good 4th!!
love and miss ya!!

Daphne A. Quist said...

I sure did! It was delicious as always! Nothing like it! Apparently in some Cali news paper it mentioned that everyone needed to check out the small town of Richfield, Utah's fouth of July!!! That's why we love it! We sure missed you guys and thought of you! Sounds like you had a nice celebration anyway! We made it to Murray's...I can now say it doesn't compare to Richfield's! Love the pictures!! Her hair is getting so long!! Love and miss you guys!

Andrea said...

Love that you let her light the fireworks! Start em young!
Myla's parents are lame and didn't get sparklers this year. (just the snappy ones you throw.) Emma is so lucky!
Miss you!

Hayley said...

I remember going to Richfield with you a couple times, can't beat those slushies! Glad you had a good time anyway, the 4th is my favorite holiday! Emma's hair is so long, it's so cute!!

Magdogg said...

How cute and so much fun! Tamara I am so happy for you and your little family. You have an adorable family and great adventures to go along with it. Take care down there in Texas.

Jessica said...

I am glad you found a little piece of home in Texas. We missed you!

Michael & Lindsey said...

What a fun 4th! I remember how much I loved sparklers as a kid, Emma is so cute with them. And your dog jumping after them is hilarious. Hope things are going well for you guys in Texas! :)

Brooke B said...

Hey girl!
Let me know if you ever come to Dallas or Fort Worth :)
I live in Fort Worth!! We should meet up one of these days :)
EMail or text me :)
brookebirke@gmail.com or 817-726-7239

Marisa said...

I ate a slushie for you too!! actually several of them...lol I think the Madsen's could keep them in business just on the 4th!! Love ya girl! We missed you! Hopefully you can make it next year! :)