Friday, April 22, 2011

The BEST SuRPriSe!!!

I was sitting charting at work on a Saturday night, thinking about how I was really not looking forward to working Sunday night actually really bugged...when I got a text from Daph asking if I would be ok with them if they came to visit on MONDAY! I couldn't believe it!!!! Thinking..are you serious...of Course!!!! So it all started from there, she was able to get great tickets and the kids had the week off for spring break so walaaa they were on their way Monday!! Heavenly Father knew what would be going on so having me work Sunday night actually worked out fabulous with them coming into town because that was one less night I worked while they were here, He really does LOVE me, I love being reminded!!

Emma woke up to find Lex, Mitch, and Daph and immediately gave hugs and started playing! These are a few pics around the house during the week. They entertained Emma a ton and she absolutely loooovvved having them here!






Spotting a Gekko...

This became a fav for emma...blanket rides, after they left she was constantly asking me for rides;)


Getting clean after the beach...

Lex was a good sport!

They all love to look at the daily pics...

Not sure what Ems pants were doing??

All 3 captivated with Tangled!!

Creative kiddos...Lex and Mitch made these faces with the letters of each of our names, I am the only one that looks dead ;)

Makeup beauties... Lex got some makeup and helped put some on Emma too ;)


THE WEEKS EVENTS: ZOO

We had lots of fun at the zoo once again ;) Emma absolutely loves going!


This guy was awesome, he loved just hanging out by the window eating and putting his hand up to yours!


Mitchel's face..love it!




Emma was spoiled and got to ride twice, once with Lex and Mitch! Lucky girl! Thanks guys for taking great care of my little lady!


Once Emma picked these out from the gift store the zoo was no longer as interesting... she wanted to sit in the stroller and just play with them ;) I honestly can't tell you how many animals we have around our house...wow this girl is addicted!! ---side note---she is so funny with them lately, she will basically pretend house with them instead of dolls, she talks about baby brother, momma, daddy, take them potty and just talks and talks with them. I could seriously just sit back and watch her all day, she just makes me SOOO HAPPY! Any hoo onto more fun...


The petting zoo, of course the kids enjoyed and big cuz Mitch talked Ems into hugging them...not sure if that was the best idea but she didn't seem to mind! (good thing no flesh eating bugs..right Melissa ;))

She like the little ones much more than this big one, but the kids loved trying to get her to pet it.

I LOVE this pic of Mitch! You can actually see his cute smile...a rare thing these days in pics..thanks Mitch we need more!!




AQUARIUM

The aquarium was great, a little chillier day only in the low 70's I think with a breeze so this was perfect!

Emma wanted nothing to do with touching these guys this time...weird! Last time she was all for it.

Emma holding onto "Jack" for dear life when the BIG spider came into view as well as the snakes! I think I have seriously scarred her for life when it comes to bugs and snakes...I wasn't always so lame but I have become that way and she catches on so quick! Oh well you can't blame me when Texas has HUGE bugs and we found a GIGANTIC snake in our back yard...yes I made Andrew kill it...nasty! --Another side note, for some reason the whole trip Mitch was often called "Jack" by Ems, I have know idea where she came up with it!

Our backyard snake was about half this size!!! ok..not really but to big for comfort with a two year old running around!


This octopus was amazing! Daph and I sat and watched it forever, Mitch finally walked back to us and couldn't believe we were still watching it. Heavenly Father's creations never cease to amaze me, beautiful in strange ways!

Their pic was a favorite at the gift shop and stayed displayed for a long long time;) I think they look great too!

BEACH

Lex and Ems ready for a fun day at the beach. Lex had been asking all week to go and we were finger crossing hoping it would stay warm, it was a titch on the chilly side but very fun and enjoyable!

Daddy braved the cold water with our little lady! Daph and I enjoyed the view from the Beach watch them play in the chilly ocean.



Lex and Mitch enjoying a slippery game a catch..


Love this MAN!!! His classes were cancelled this day so it worked out perfect! He seriously is sooo good to Emma and I, I know when he really could be studying he will take time to play with us...we love these times!!


Daph's true Beach bum...yes those are his bum cheeks showing through, wow! Very good laugh for us ;)

And... my very own adorable beach bum;) Her swim shorts got wet right as we got there and of course they were cold so she thought it was better to run around shortless... we let her for quite a while considering hardly anyone was around! This girl would run around naked all day at the house if I let her...silly little lady!


More of my little lady's behind...suit was a bit big;)



This is where Daph and I spent most of the time, laughing and enjoying the relaxing moments! With my little lady fast asleep on my lap, I LOVE it when I get to hold her as she sleeps...it doesn't happen often!

BRAZOS BEND


Fun adventure with Mitch and Lex around!

Everyone with smiles :)


Then the heat set in...

Me not really thinking didn't carry along a water bottle...thinking we have done this before and didn't even need water... well turns out the three kiddos REALLY LOVE water! Poor Mitch and Lex only got to wet their 'whistles' and Ems got to drink as often as she wanted from the one water bottle Daph brought! Lex really thought she might die of the heat and just couldn't believe how unfair it was Emma got more water! She gave me a good laugh...I love this girl!


We told Mitch and Lex if we just hurried back to the car we had lots to drink so Daph and I took off... They didn't find us funny in the least ;) Emma loved every minute going fast! (It wasn't fast..picture prego me with little lady on the shoulders...yes very slow but still joyful to my 2 pint;))


We all made it back in one piece and got to enjoy some cold fluids! Yum! Emma got her first chance of trying fire cheetos (I think that's what they were) and she kept asking for more even when she would need drinks in between ;) She definitely gets that from her daddy!


It was soooooo sad to say goodbye to these guys! I absolutely LOVED having them around. I can't remember the last time Daph and I got to really hang out for more than a couple of hours, so having her come with the kids was sure FUN!! Thank you Daph, Mitch, and Lex for the fun week and even better memories and many Laughs!! We love you guys so much and are so grateful you came to visit!!!

2 comments:

Daphne A. Quist said...

That was the best trip ever!!! THANK YOU!! I agree, Heavenly Father is always mindful! It was truly what I needed! Thanks for going sleepless, hanging out with us, enduring my orphans and laughing! You guys are the best!! I'm stealing pictures too! I love the kodac moments that I didn't get! Love you guys!! XXOO's

Hayley said...

What a fun surprise! For some reason I don't always see when you update your blog, grr! That really looks great though, isn't it fun when family shows up?! Hope you are well.