Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Decision Made....

It's official...we have made the decision we will be moving to HOUSTON, TEXAS (Unless something crazy weird happens;) !! We are really excited! Andrew will be starting law school in the fall, so we are hoping to move down in May to get everything situated and me working. It is pretty crazy how things have been working out and just makes us feel that Houston is where we should be going! Small town girl to 4th largest city in the U.S....a little nerve racking but exciting at the same time!
A little update on what we have been up to... very nice surprise from Emma and Daddy! I came down stairs to find our walls covered in little love notes from my two favorite people! Awesome Valentine's Day...I love you two! Thank you;)
We finally got to go to Salt Lake again for a weekend and had a great time with the fam! We really can't wait to get emma a dog..she just is drawn to them..and their food..crazy girl! I found her in with Sammie feeding him his food and tasting it herself..little stink! Should could have done this for hours!! That is one of our first goals when we move is to get her her very own dog..she will be in HEAVEN;)

This is what I get for giving a little girl some freedom when she isn't ready for the freedom!!!! Yip that's poop..all over our pillows;)

We got a lot of snow a while back so we took emma out sledding for the first time and she wasn't so sure about the sledding part..never cried but was a little hesitant! She loved eating it though!

I love this pic because Emma's expression fits her so well...she often gives us a look out of the corner of her eyes when she doesn't want to look directly at you!

First time down..kind of a smile on her face;)

Trying it alone..not so sure about it!

And...the result...a little crash! She got right up and started playing in it..our tough girl;)

As for everything else we have been up to has been about the same...school and work! I am getting super excited to be on the down slope of school but I still love learning...just really nervous about being a nurse...maybe one day I will feel adequate!! Andrew has been really busy getting everything going for us to be able to move soon after graduation..I never realized how much we really have to do...but it will all be worth it in the end!! We just feel so blessed to have guidance from our Heavenly Father to know that if we have faith in Him and His plan for us everything will work out for the best!

10 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow!! Texas that is awesome! You'll get a really great accent. I hear Houston is just HUGE, like takes an hour to cross if on the freeway. But that is way cool, I've always wanted to live out of state so I'm for sure jealous! If you have a garage sale let me know....haha! Good luck!!

Jessica said...

I must admit this is bitter-sweet for us! We are so excited for you three, but are going to miss you oh SO much!

Brie said...

That is so awesome that you are going to Texas!! That will be a neat adventure! Emma is so cute! She is so big!! God luck with everything!

Tina said...

How exciting to be going to Texas! It will be a great experience I'm sure. It's hard to move so far away from family and everything you know, but at the same time it is kind of neat to have new experiences and move on to a new stage in life. I'm sure you'll love it! Congrats and good luck with all the fun parts of moving!

Sutton said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Hopefully we find out soon if we are going to Dallas, than we wouldn't be too far from each other and could still get together every once in a while.

Michael & Lindsey said...

Wow Texas!!!??? That is so exciting and scary at the same time. I can't believe you guys will be moving so soon. It'll be great to open a new chapter to your life. Congrats with everything, and best of luck there. You should definetly get your little girl a puppy. She'll love it! :)

Daphne A. Quist said...

This is going to be so fun to visit you there... but we are sad too! such is life though, we are excited for you all to continue your adventure! I LOL so hard when I saw the poop! That is sick! I would have been gagging...no, I would have just thrown out those pillows! Brave! She is a riot...please don't tell me she ate it too...I just wonder due to the dog food, snow and licking the toilet from time to time! Love you guys! Thanks for hanging out with us when you came up!

Andrea said...

Look at your cute little family! No wonder we haven't seen you lately... look how busy you've been! We're excited about TX. I think it'll be great for you guys. But we're so sad you're going! Myla has been praying for Emma lately. Its pretty cute!
Sledding looks like fun! We need to try that. And bowling?? You guys are the best parents ever. Plus, Emma is getting a puppy!! Better not let Myla know. She'll want to move in with you guys.

R&B Hudson said...

yay!!! I'm so excited about Texas! can't wait to run into you down there one day : )

Magdogg said...

Tamara I am so excited for your new adventure. I think you guys will do great no matter where you go. Good luck with the move and readjusting to a new lifestyle and city. To let you know we don't know what we are having we thought we would have a surprise this time. Things are going good. I have such easy pregnancies, I just hate the fat and uncomfortable feeling. We are due in just about seven weeks, so we look forward to that. Talk to you later.